Baked chicken and potatoes is a very yummy, very simple meal. Those two -yummy and simple -do not always go together. Here they do.
It does not have to be just potatoes! Sweet potatoes, red beets (I add them whole with the skin on and peel afterwards), sliced buttercup pumpkins, all go well with it. Think anything that has to be baked for an hour.
If you need more than one baking sheet then divide the potatoes/vegetables and chicken evenly onto more sheets so that you have both potatoes and chicken drums on each sheet, it makes the potatoes yummier.
Tip, if you do not want to scrub the pan after the good meal, lay the pan out with Parchment Paper. Make sure to cover corners, so the sauce does not go under it and burn.
Serve the baked chicken and potatoes with sour cream. Enjoy!
- 2 potatoes per person
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3 chicken drums per person
- salt (to taste)
- Wash the chicken drums and place them on the baking sheet. Season them with salt and paprika.
- Peel the potatoes (not necessarily if home grown), quarter them, and place them in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour it over the potatoes.
- Add some salt and move the potatoes around until they're evenly covered in salt and butter.
- Spread the potato pieces in the middle of the baking sheet so that none are lying on top of each other.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees, then place the sheet into the middle of the oven and bake for 1 hour.